A woman usually goes through lots of changes during her reproductive lifetime. It was sure that gynecologic health issues would arise from time to time. Here are some of the common problems you may face during your reproductive years include:
Major 4 Gynaecologic problems and treatments
- Yeast Infection: Vaginal yeast infections are a common cause of vaginal irritation. Three out of four women, one will experience a yeast infection in her lifetime. Yeast infections are occurred by an overgrowth of the yeast cells that generally live in the vagina. Common factors that associated with yeast infection are uncontrolled diabetes, perfumed feminine hygiene sprays, topical antimicrobial agents and tight, inadequate ventilated clothing and underwear.
- Treatment: Yeast infections can be cured with over the counter or prescription medications.
- Endometriosis: Women usually have their periods that discharge of the endometrium or menstrual fluid from inside the uterus at the end time of every menstrual cycle. Even these tissues grow outside of the uterus, and it can break apart and bleed during your period. The problem will be blood from the displaced tissue on the outside of the uterus may have no place to go, which lead to inflamed or swollen tissue. The inflammation will produce scar tissue which also develops into lesions or growths.
- Treatment: Over the years the treatment for endometriosis has been varied, doctors now recommending that there is no need to go for treatment if the symptoms are mild, medication is suggested only if there is a pain.
- Irregular Bleeding: Menstrual bleeding may last on an average of five days during those days the blood loss will be about 4 ounces or eight tablespoons. Many women will experience one massive bleeding day during their periods preceded and followed by lighter flow days. The bleeding may be reasonable for some women to experience heavy bleeding, which is two times the average amount and still be within the normal range. Some women with more massive bleeding for more days in a row along with clots and cramping it is advised to go for their private consultant.
- Treatment: If you are experiencing consistently heavy bleeding, clots or cramping, it is best suggested that to go for your private gynaecology consultant. The treatment for irregular bleeding during periods will involve prescription drugs or surgery in case bleeding is severe.
- Uterine Fibroids: Uterine fibroids are nodules of smooth muscles and tissue that form within the wall of the uterus. These are not cancerous but can cause excessive or painful bleeding during te menstruation, frequent urination or infertility.
- Treatment: Hysterectomy is the only treatment for Uterine Fibroids. Doctors declared that there is no need for any intervention beyond over the counter anti-inflammatory drugs or prescriptions drugs are recommended only when there is a huge pain.
If in doubt, talk to your doctor
These are only four examples of gynecologic problems that women experience. Even there are more problems that women usually face in their lifetime.
Be sure to talk to our doctor about any questions or concerns you have about your gynaecology health issues. Our gynaecology, Mrs Sarah Hussain, is ready to serve you with any problem that you come for treatment. For more details, contact us or book an appointment now.