As per some researches in America women, up to 19 million and female adult population, about 18% receive annual pelvic exams. The number seems to be small who put off seeing a gynaecologist, despite the vital yearly gynaecologist role exams play in maintaining good health.
The patients often struggle silently with symptoms either they are too embarrassed to talk about or think there is no solution for. But now there are many innovative and successful treatment options available.
Five signs to see your Urogynecologist
Urogynaecologists provide personalised, compassionate care for a variety of conditions, including:
- Vaginal Dryness: Vaginal walls thinning usually occurs after menopause is known as genitourinary syndrome of menopause which may cause sensations of burning, dryness and pain during intercourse. Even some patients stop having sex after menopause because of the pain.
- Urinary incontinence: Once after having a baby or later menopause, patients will undergo urine leakage when they sneeze, laugh, cough or exercise. Lesser estrogen levels or instability in the pelvic floor could be adding factors. There are many non-surgical solutions for this issue.
- Vaginal Prolapse: This problem happens when a portion of the vagina fails its standard shape, drooping or falling down into the vaginal canal or outside of it. Prolapse may occur alone or in addition to the bladder, urethra or rectum. These issues are generally related to pelvic support problems which have a range of treatment options for that.
- Accidental bowel leakage: Similar to urinary incontinence, some patients undergo faecal incontinence with age. To manage these problems that include dietary changes and exercise, to avoid non-surgical procedures.
- Complexities with sex health: Tenacious, repetitive problems with sexual response, desire or orgasm can cause strain on your relationship with your partner, this type of sexual relationship is referred to as poor sexual health. There are treatments available to help this.
Urogynaecology treatment options are available at Mygynae locations in and around the UK -from Hillford. Talk to our private gynaecologist to check whether you need treatment for the problems that you have observed the above things in you.