Pelvic organ Prolapse has become a common problem woman which effects their childbirth and menopause. It also causes discomfort and makes them lose their self-esteem. Another major problem with this is that Prolapse affects sexual function in women and araises urinary dysfunctioning. There are several symptoms to identify
Symptoms of Pelvic organ prolapse
- Dragging Sensation
- Slow urinary flow
- Feeling of Obstruction during sexual intercourse
- Needing to Urinate frequently or urgently
- The feeling of a lump in the vagina
- Vaginal laxity during sexual intercourse
- Bowels not emptying properly
Causes of Prolapse
The main reason for Pelvic Organ Prolapse is because of the weakening of tissues that support the pelvic organs. Pelvic Organ Prolapse occurs due to multiple factors like ageing, Childbirth, Unhealthy lifestyle, heavy smoking, overweight etc.
- Childbirth can be one of the major reasons for the cause of prolapse when the labour is long or if the baby is large.
- Ageing can also lead to the cause of prolapse and it becomes common as it leads to menopause when a woman gets older.
- Activities such as heavy lifting or work that is strenuous may also contribute to the chance of having pelvic prolapse.
These are the causes of prolapse if you have any queries regarding this you can consult Dr.Sarah Hussain, a London gynaecologist with good experience in dealing with various kinds of gynaecological problems.